VIETNAMESE PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATION OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
The Vietnamese Physician Association of Northern California (VPANC) is pleased to announce the 2011 16th Annual Scholarship Award for outstanding Vietnamese high school seniors. Each of the award given will be $1,000. We encourage all Vietnamese students meeting the requirements to apply.
Each candidate for this Scholarship Award must:
- Be of Vietnamese descent with financial hardship
- Be a high school senior currently in Northern California
- Be attending college in the Summer or Fall of 2011
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or greater
- Submit a completed three-page application (one page application, one page list of extracurricular activities and awards/achievements, and one page personal essay) along with official high school transcript, official SAT or equivalent test scores, two letters of recommendations from teachers, advisors, or persons familiar with your academic work and other attributes, and a copy of your parents’ most recent income tax return, or other means of determining your family’s income.
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, the Scholarship Committee will take into consideration the following:
- Financial difficulty in regards to your college expenses
- The quality of your essay
- Your extra-curricular activities and community involvement
- Your SAT score or equivalent
Completed application and ALL supporting documents must be sent together and postmarked no later than April 15, 2011. You will be notified when your completed application is received. Incomplete application will not be reviewed. Award recipients will be notified by May 16, 2011 via email.
APPLICATION FORM AND MAILING ADDRESS
Application forms are available in your counselor’s office and at www.vpanc.com. Should you need further information or an application, please email us. Please send all inquiries, completed applications, and all required materials to the following address:
Anh T. Nguyen, M.D.
Santa Clara Kaiser Medical Center
710 Lawrence Expressway, Dept 390
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Huy Trinh, MD email@example.com