VIETNAMESE PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATION OF
The Vietnamese Physician Association of Northern California (VPANC) is pleased to announce the 18th Annual Scholarship Award in 2013 for outstanding Vietnamese high school seniors. Each award given will be $1,000. We encourage all Vietnamese students meeting the requirements to apply.
Each candidate for this Scholarship Award must:
1. Be of Vietnamese descent with financial hardship
2. Be a high school senior currently in Northern California
3. Be attending college in the Summer or Fall of 2013
4. Have a GPA of 3.5 or greater
5. Submit a completed three-page application (one page application, one page list of extracurricular activities and awards/achievements, and one page personal essay) along with official high school transcript, a copy of your SAT or ACT scores, two letters of recommendations from teachers, advisors, or persons familiar with your academic work and other attributes, and a copy of your parents’ most recent income tax return (2012), or other means of determining your family’s income.
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, the Scholarship Committee will take into consideration the following:
1. Financial difficulty in regards to your college expenses
2. The quality of your essay
3. Your extra-curricular activities and community involvement
4. Your SAT or ACT score
Completed application and ALL supporting documents must be sent together and postmarked no later than April 15, 2013. You will be notified when your completed application is received. Incomplete application will not be reviewed. Award recipients will be notified by May14, 2013 via email.
APPLICATION FORM AND MAILING ADDRESS
Application forms are available at www.vpanc.com. Should you need further information or an application, please email us. Please send all inquiries, completed applications with all required documents to the following address:
Anh T. Nguyen, MD
710 Lawrence Expressway, Dept. 390
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Huy Trinh, MD firstname.lastname@example.org